Choosing the perfect hairstyle can be a daunting task for women of any age, but it can become even more intimidating as we reach our 50s and beyond. Many factors come into play, such as hair texture, face shape, and personal preference. However, one aspect that is often overlooked is glasses. With age comes the need for reading glasses or prescription eyewear, which can greatly influence the type of hairstyle that will suit us best.
As someone who has celebrated their 50th birthday and wears glasses daily, I know firsthand how challenging it can be to find a flattering haircut that works with our frames. That’s why in this blog post, I will be sharing some fabulous hairstyles for women over 50 with glasses – because who says you have to sacrifice style for vision?
1. Haircuts for over 50 with glasses
– A haircut with layers will make your hair more manageable and give it a youthful look. For example, a long layered hairstyle looks great on women over 50 who have short to medium length hair.
– Long bangs are another option for this style as they soften the face shape when paired with shoulder-length locks.
– It’s important to take into consideration how much time you have in the morning before deciding which hairstyles work best for you because some require special styling products or extra time in front of the mirror!
If you’re not sure what type of hairstyle would suit your age group, consult photos such as these that show different types of haircuts from celebrities like Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon
2. Hairstyles for Over 50-year-old women with glasses
Older women with glasses have hairstyles that are just as beautiful, stylish, and versatile as their younger counterparts. For example, a over 50-year-old woman who wears glasses could wear her hair in the following ways:
Curly hair is one of many attractive options for mature ladies over 50 years old; it can be styled into an updo or worn down around the shoulders. Curls look best when they’re clean and shiny so apply some texturizing product to help them hold their shape. A short haircut is another great choice for older women with glasses because it requires less upkeep than long locks while still being fun and flirty enough to work on any age. Try choosing curls from your neckline up towards your face
3. How to get a flattering hairstyle and age-appropriate?
– find an age-appropriate hairstyle for your face shape and hair type
– keep the length of the cut in mind when making a decision
– avoid haircutting styles that are too short or choppy, as they will make you look older than over 50 years old. Instead, opt to have layers added to your long locks. This way it is also easier to style them!
– choose a color that compliments your skin tone instead of wearing bright colors such as blue, pink, or red which can wash out pale complexions (if this applies)
Instead go with softer shades like light browns, grays and blonde highlights for these colors tend not to emphasize wrinkles around the eyes.”
4. Tips on how to find the right hairstyle for your face shape
I will be using my face shape as an example.
As you can see in the picture, I have a round face. Round faces are defined by having cheeks that are wider than their jaw line and forehead, so it is important to find hairstyles for your face shape if you have this type of face like me! Find hairstyles with volume in the cheek area and/or some side-swept bangs to soften up features.
Choose styles where one side is longer than the other or use pieces to create an asymmetrical look that elongates the appearance of your overall facial structure. You could also try adding hair accessories such as headbands or clips at the corner edge of each temple point outward from both corners of your mouth line for a more feminine look and feel.
5. What should you do if you have thinning hair or balding spots at the crown of your head?
– You should try hairstyles that will not draw attention to your hair, like shorter styles or layers.
– Try using a volatizing spray on thinning spots of the scalp before you blow dry it and add some styling mousse for extra volume.
– If you have balding patches at the crown of your head, just use hair extensions until your natural hair starts growing back in more thickly again.
You can also wear hats or attractively styled scarves over those parts when needed.
Hairstyle for over 50 with side-swept bangs – This hairstyle is perfect for covering up any part which may be sparse. It also adds a youthful look to anyone who has had their share of sorrow.
A layered haircut with a nice bang – This is one of the best hairstyles for women over 50. It will not only cover up any problem areas but also make your face more attractive and youthful-looking.
– A bob cut with an angled fringe – If you are trying to be fashionable, this hairstyle might work out well for you as it has been popularized by celebrities lately too! The hair manages to cover nearly all side parts that may have spots or patches while making sure that there is enough volume in the rest of the head which can easily hide thinning spots at the crown.
It is clear that age should never limit your hairstyle choices. Women over 50 can rock any hairstyle they desire, with the right confidence and attitude. From short pixie cuts to long layered locks, there are endless possibilities for women over 50 with glasses to choose from. It is important to remember that glasses can be a stylish accessory that can enhance your overall look, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different frames and styles.
Additionally, incorporating bangs or layers into your hairstyle can help frame your face and complement your glasses in a flattering way. And if you’re feeling bold, don’t hesitate to add some color or highlights to your hair for a fun and youthful touch. Remember, age is just a number and there is no one “right” way for women over 50 to wear their hair. As long as you feel confident and comfortable, any hairstyle will look beautiful on you! So go ahead and try out some of these trendy hairstyles for women over 50 with glasses, embrace your individuality and radiate confidence!
Just added new photo